Rad Patterns: Aphrodite Dress

This week marks 6 weeks post postpartum and I am finally starting to feel like myself again since about week 5. It's nice! I measured myself at 2 weeks after Zoe Lou was born and my waist was 2" bigger! I didn't have a lot of extra weight but apparently some. I remeasure and I'm at 28" for my waist, only one inch up from pre-pregnancy. If I didn't sew, I'd never measure myself 3 weeks after having a baby. Just wouldn't be something I'd torture myself with but when you sew, you need to know! I decided to make my original size of this dress, size 4, and it fits beautifully!


The idea was to sew a dress for Valentine's Day but if I'm being real, we're not going out for a hot date for a long time. I'll probably cook something yummy and use the awesome keyhole in the dress to nurse. Haha at least it's on theme with the red and the polka dots! I picked up this lovely DBP from Surge Fabric Shop.


The Aphrodite Dress came together so quickly. I cut it yesterday and sewed it up during morning nap time. The hardest part was top stitching the ties. It was only difficult because I was too lazy to change from my quilting foot to my walking foot. My problem.


This is also unhemmed. We have very limited daylight and I ain't got time to waste!


I didn't do the modesty panel, but it kinda looks like I did. This is a RTW VS bralette. No one told me that you simply cannot wear normal bras while nursing. It's not practical. So now I'm living in my 3 rtw bralettes and my one nursing bra that I've made.

Are you sewing anything for Valentine's Day? 

Details:
Size: 4

0 comments:

Post a Comment