Striped Swalllow Designs: Baby Emerie with Long Sleeve Add-on

Hey crafters. This new baby takes an incredible amount of time. I know, "Obviously!" right? Yeah, we'll she sleeps for her Dad. "Oh, Dad's around? Let me be perfect and sleep for a five hour stretch!" When it's just me, she won't let me put her down for a second! Ok, that's not true all the time. I did get to edit a few pics, hem a robe, do some laundy, and finish dinner. I'll call that a win for today.
Thank goodness she's cute. :P

I've been making this cutie a few outfits and I had to try out the Striped Swallow Designs Emerie Romper. It comes with a long sleeve add on option for winter. Now if only I could find tights to fit fat piggy tummies and stick legs. lol


I made size NB for Zoe Lou. She's still squeezing into newborn stuff for a few more days! The construction is just as you'd expect from SSD! Everything came together in an afternoon, even with a baby constantly crying to nurse. :P On of my favorite features of SSD is the SA is on EVERY PAGE. Sometimes I feel like a goldfish. I will look at the pattern, get up to cut something, have to look at the pattern, get back up to cut, and then on my worst days, look at the pattern again. Memory isn't my strong point, guys. The SA on every page is great when you sew from many designers.


We had a wiggly mess with the photos, but I still managed to grab a few good ones! We love how soft the knit rompers are! Many cute rompers are made from woven materials and can be harsh on delicate baby skin. This one is so cozy, it's just like her other non mom-made-clothing.

 I cannot wait for summertime, the Emerie only get cuter from here! There is a ruffle option for the chest, spagetti straps, a take top, a crop top, and so many people use pompom trim. I cannot wait until she can wear a "big girl" vision!


Details
Size: Newborn
Fabric: Joanns 2+ years ago. Thin poly rayon blend I believe

0 comments:

Post a Comment