Brindille & Twig: Breezy Romper 113

Hey. I don't normally write about kid's patterns that I sew, but I thought this one was interesting. Plus, my baby is cute so here ya go.


My chonky Zoe Lou is 2 months old today and my heart is melting like butter on a hot pan. My resolution is to sew her "month" outfits this year. 2 down, 10 to go!


For her second outfit I chose B+T 113. AKA "Breezy Romper." I've looked at a million cute renditions on their FB page and had to buy it. The pattern has good instructions for the placket. I think this is the first placket I've ever made? Strange, as I've been sewing for almost 7 years. I think I did pretty good! This gorgeous fabric is a discontinued print from Raspberry Creek Fabrics. I love their designs.

(She started smiling recently. She's not sure if she likes it or not yet. lol)

The pattern leaves more "raw edges" than I would prefer. By that I mean, the placket top where it connects to the neckband and where the front and back meet under the armpit, those are turned under but the serger edge just has to be tucked back and sewn down I guess? There is no other seam that crosses it and you don't turn these areas under. I tried to find another option because somehow the threads always show on the outside of the garment for me and I can't tuck them in tight enough. I don't know if that makes sense, but it is a little frustrating. If anyone has any ideas of a better way to finish these seams, please share with me, I would be delighted.


Also, I didn't get in the pattern how to attach the sleeve properly and since it's just a cap sleeve the sleeve is never sewn to itself. So I had these awkward raw edges that poked out. I tucked them in and sewed a second seam and it turned out ok, but as you can see on that left arm, it definitely curls in on itself. 

I set these snaps with a press and they are slightly wonky. Oh well. I have looked and looked for a table top press with no luck. Please let me know if you know of any! :)


Lastly, I had trouble with the leg elastic. It seems that it's way to stretched. All that being said, I like the design and most of my woes are all my fault. I want to whip up a few more for the spring and summer. Easy on, easy off, cute on my baby. 

Bonus pic of my sweet Zoe Lou.
 She's always "doin' a concern."
(This is one of those pics that I think "eh" about now but I will be happy to have in 10 years.)

 Details
Pattern: Brindille and Twig 113 Breezy Romper
Fabric: Raspberry Creek Fabrics (This print is discontinued, but sometimes she runs old prints. Best to check in her FB group.)
Headband: Tutorial from Sew Not Perfect. (fits TTS! and a super simple sew.) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment