Greenstyle: Inspire Tights

Hey friends, I made a second outfit for my Fit Capsule as part of Greenstyles challenge. I went old school and picked the Inspire Tights because this fabric is rad and I didn't want to break it up or block it.


Both my top and my tights are part of the capsule. My tank is Striped Swallow Designs Harbor Knot Tank (simple version.) and I pieced it together from some scraps, hence the seam at the shoulders. I told myself it just looks sporty. :P It's made from the 125gsm ABP from Surge Fabric. I bought 2 yards and made my husband a workout tee and a pair of Comox unders to match for Valentine's. I had just under 3/4 of a yard so I picked up my modified HKT and pieced together the shoulder part and now I have an awesome, perfectly my style tank to throw on with all the tights I've been sewing. 


This is the third time I've made the Inspire tights. The last time was in 2015 when I tested the pattern! I completely forgot that I could eliminate the side seam, so naturally I cut it wrong and had to sew the side seam anyway. The only modification that I made was to use the gusset piece from the stride tights which is a little bigger than the one in the inspire tights. I cut the crotch area with the stride pattern and then cut the rest with the inspire pattern. 


This rad fabric is also from Surge. It is the premium athletic. With one yard I was able to get enough fabric for these tights and the power bra! I haven't sewn that one up yet, but it's stacked up in my "to sew" pile. For anyone wondering, the premium athletic is a great, thick material. It is less compressive than circular knit, but it has plenty of compression for workout tights. It would be nice for late winter or spring running, or obviously just dorking around the house. :)


For anyone who is feeling the basics more, Surge has quite a few solid colors of the premium athletic fabric, too! If you are on the fence, I definitely recommend trying this!

Side note: I reversed cover stitched all the seams to add style and strength. I DO NOT RECOMMEND trying to cover stitch the inner leg seam. It literally almost killed me. Hahaha


Details:
Top: Harbor Knot Tee, Simple (modified, blogged about here.)
Size: XS
Bottoms: Inspire Tights
Fabric: Premium Athletic 
Size: Small

0 comments:

Post a Comment