Puperita / Max and Meena: Trendy Beanie and Maxaloones

Hi friends - something a little different today. I don't know if you know, but I have approximately 1,000,000 nieces and nephews and sometimes, just sometimes, when I'm not feeling lazy, I sew for them. :) 

I thought I'd start sharing some of those. You may be interested, you may not. (sorry) but I always love seeing new renditions of my favorite patterns.

I sewed two patterns from two designers for my littlest niece A. She's 5 months now and just cute as can be. If I get some pics of her in it, i'll update. ^^



The hat is the Trendy Beanie from Puperita Patterns. Annalisa is the designer behind Puperita and it's one of my favorite brands. All of her patterns show attention to detail and they turn out like the pictures. She teaches great techniques and many of her garments are fully lined. I can't tell you enough how great her patterns come together. Plus, she's super active in the Puperita Facebook group - so if you need any help, she or one of the admins will walk you though anything you need assistance with.

This hat is no exception. It's a super quick sew and comes out very cute! Reminds me of the nursery rhyme Winken, Blinken, and Nod.


The pants are the classic Maxaloones from Max and Meena.  I have only sewed one of their patterns (this one and several times.) but the instructions and photographs are very easy to follow! M&M are popular for this pattern! Practically everyone has made it or has seen it at a craft fair. 

If you're not familiar, they're "grow with me pants." The pattern includes sizes NB-5y.  Each size fits a range of ages. The one I sewed will fit from 6 months to 3 years. The legs and waistband extend to allow for growth. The bum area fits cloth or disposable diapers so even as the kid ages, there is room for a growing butt / legs / chunky baby thighs. (I'm baby shaming now.) Plus, the contrast butt is just too cute. 


Details

Patterns 
Fabric
Birch organics interlock knit - 2 yards+shipping - $25
Hat tie - cotton/lycra scraps - free
Notions 
Thread $.50


1 comment:

  1. I love that these have extra room in the butt. I cloth diaper my younger two about half the time, so dressing them can be tricky depending on what nappy they're in! I'll definitely have to check out this pattern.

    ReplyDelete