Lavitaly: Jersey Top V Neck - Front Bow n.50

When you are pregnant and you can't drink wine, just wear it. Fall is on it's way and I'm digging the jewel tones at the moment. Wine is the perfect color to compliment my vampire skin and it reminds me of all the pinot noir that I can't drink right now. 

Anywho, how lovely is this top?! I'm always of the mindset "you get what you pay for." but I only paid $4 for this pattern and I would have paid double and a half. I'm always skeptical when sewing patterns from a new to me designer, but LAVitaly was a gamble and a jackpot! 


This is the Jersery Top V Neck - Front Bow n.50. (What a catchy name!) Kidding. I know with Etsy SEO's are of utmost importance. I did do some poking around before buying though and I saw on instagram that my friend sewed a LAVitaly pattern and after getting her blessing (and warning that it would need to be lengthened!) I purchased this bow blouse.


I sewed a straight size Small in this lovely Surge Fabric Rayon Spandex in Wine. The pattern was great and came together quickly. Her instructions are different than any I've encountered before, though. She uses a Symbol and Key method. Like pictographs. There is a key with all the symbols and what they mean and then each page has pictures and the "key" next to it. If you sew a ton of LAVitaly you will get the hang of it, otherwise you are left like me scrolling back up to see what each symbol means every step. Honestly, it was an easy sew and with basic sewing knowledge, you can assemble the pattern with the pictures only or without instructions at all. 


The only modification I made was to leave off the band and lengthen the bottom by 2". As designed, this blouse has banded sleeves and a banded bottom, but I wanted it smooth to wear under pencil skirts. (Hello, remember my maternity capsule? I told you I'd be adding more tops!)


Can you tell I'm loving the Bishop Sleeves at the moment? It adds such a cute detail without being overwhelming. I certainly do recommend LAVitaly patterns. She has some cute designs and the price really can't be beat. Make sure you check Surge Fabric for all your Autumn sewing needs!

Size: Small
Mods: Lengthened 2" and left off bottom band.
Fabric: Rayon Spandex in Wine from Surge Fabric Shop

Body Measurements: Bust 34", Waist 2(?) Normally 27" but pregnancy has expanded me, Hips 36".


Also, my husband is simply amazing. Most of our shoots go just like this. He can't help but make me laugh. I think he was talking about my boobs here. Thanks, handsome. Glad you like them. HAHAHA

0 comments:

Post a Comment